Girls on the Run of Nebraska is a nonprofit 501(c)3 positive youth development program. In addition to tuition and 5K fees, the organization relies on donations, grants, sponsorships, community contributions and fundraisers to operate.
The program's unique blend of exercise, education, mentoring and “Girl Power” fosters confidence and promotes healthy choices in pre-teen girls. We’re changing the world one step at a time by empowering young girls with friendship, fitness and 5K fun.
Quality after-school programs are expensive to provide, and GOTR-Nebraska is proud to keep its costs and tuition well below the national average fee charged of $140 per girl.
Some of GOTR-Nebraska's operational costs include:
- Liability insurance
- National dues to parent organization, Girls on the Run International
- Meeting supplies (coach bags, cones, lap counters, e.g.)
- Curriculum books and activity sheets
- Drawstring backpack
- Printing (brochures, posters, et al)
- Background check every two years
- In-person coach-training clinics for new coaches (site and equipment rental; refreshments)
- CPR/First Aid certification for one coach per site
- Coach appreciation gift
- 5K entries
- Three staff members (2.0 FTE): director, volunteer coordinator, program assistant
- Three regional coordinators (part-time, seasonal)
- Office rent/utilities
- Professional fees (tax preparation/legal services)
- Board of Directors and Officers insurance
GOTR 5K Expenses
- Venue rental
- Police officers/security personnel to manage traffic safety and crowd control
- Parking services/attendants and lots
- Rental of portable toilets, sound system, generators, two-way radios, barricades, cones, tables, tents
- Staging equipment (finish line, bibs, flags, signage, finish line refreshments)
Our 10-week after-school program builds confidence and character in young girls. Take a look.
5Ks and Other Events
We present GOTR 5Ks and other fundraising runs and events across the state. Find out more.