Now Accepting Site Inquiries for Winter Programming -- Two Options
Girls on the Run believes every girl deserves a place to grow, connect and shine. We are committed to offering quality GOTR programming this winter via virtual platforms or in-person, if conditions permit safe program delivery. Why? Because Girls on the Run matters NOW more than ever. The physical and emotional health of our girls and volunteer coaches is our priority, therefore, we are happy to announce that two of GOTR's award-winning programs have been adapted for delivery in the winter months:
- Camp GOTR can now be delivered as a short-term, eight-meeting session that can be completed in two to four weeks
- The traditional GOTR curriculum has been adapted to be delivered virtually or in person in four to eight weeks
Our traditional Girls on the Run programming has been carefully modified to work in an online setting (think zoom meeting). Throughout the country, councils have been piloting the online program and it's ready to go! The online practices are full of the GOTR feel that we love, are easy to follow, inclusive, and FUN!
Whether in person or virtual, trained and caring Girls on the Run coaches create an inclusive and safe environment for positive connection. Girls engage in self-reflection and practice tools to normalize the healthy expression of emotions. Through collaboration and compromise, girls experience accountability and build relationship skills. Coaches and teammates encourage and empower one-another through goal-setting. Girls practice responsible decision-making while reviewing tools to evaluate situations and make healthy choices in response. The important connection between physical and emotional health is strengthened, setting healthy habits for life.
We are accepting inquiries for winter program options now. CONTACT US to bring a program to your school later this fall or winter.
Spring Program Registration Opens Feb. 1, 2021
ALL SITES CONTINGENT ON VOLUNTEER COACHES
Spring programming serves sites OUTSIDE the Lincoln and Omaha metro.
Tuition varies at each site based on Title 1 status, community contributions and/or grants and includes 10 weeks of programming, a T-shirt and backpack. GOTR 5Ks require separate registration package that includes GOTR girl and adult Run Buddy.
Spring sites must be confirmed by Dec. 15. Don't see a team near you? Contact us to get the ball rolling for the next available season.
Sites listed below offered programming in spring 2020. Spring 2021 sites will begin confirming in November.
- Albion: Boone Central Tue/Fri 3:30
- Alliance: Grandview T/TH 4:00
- Anselmo-Merna: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:45
- Atkinson: West Holt Mon/Wed 3:20
- Aurora: Elementary Mon 3:20; Wed 2:00
- Bloomfield: Community School Days Tue/Thu 3:40
- Blue Hill: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:30
- Brady: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:30
- Bridgeport: Elementary Mon/Wed 3:45
- Broken Bow: North Park Tue/Thu 3:30
- Butte: Boyd County Aires Tue/Thu 4:00
- Chadron: Intermediate Tue/Thu 3:30
- Clarkson: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:45
- Columbus: Lost Creek Tue/Thu 3:30
- Cozad: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:45
- Gering: Geil Tue/Thu 3:45
- Gering: Lincoln Tue/Thu 3:30
- Gering: Northfield Tue/Thu 3:45
- Gordon: Elementary Mon/Wed 3:40
- Hampton: Public Tue 4:00; Wed 2:30
- Harvard: Public Tue/Thu 3:40 NEW in 2020!
- Hastings: YMCA Tue/Thu 5:15 NEW in 2020!
- Hemingford: Elementary Mon/Thu 3:30
- Henderson: Heartland Community Tue/Thu 3:30
- Hershey: Elementary Mon/Wed 4:00
- Holdrege: Don Sjogren Community YMCA Mon/Wed 4:15
- Kearney: Glenwood Tue/Thu 3:45
- Kearney: Northeast Tue/Thu 3:30
- Kearney: Sunrise Middle Heart & Sole Tue/Thu 3:45
- Laurel: Laurel-Concord-Coleridge Mon/Wed 3:45
- Leigh: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:45 NEW in 2020!
- McCool Junction: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:45
- Milford: Elementary Mon/Wed 3:30
- Minden: Elementary Mon 3:45, Fri 2:30
- Mitchell: Elementary Mon/Wed 3:30
- Mullen: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:30
- O'Neill: Building 38 Tue/Thu 4:00
- Ord: Elementary Mon/Thu 5:30
- Osceola: Jeffrey Tue/Thu 3:30
- Rushville: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:30
- Shelby-Rising City: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:35
- Sidney: West Tue/Thu 3:30
- Spencer: Boyd County Tue/Thu 4:00
- St. Paul: Public Mon/Wed 3:40
- Stromsburg: Cross County Community Mon/Thu 3:30
- Stuart: Elementary Wed 3:50, Fri 2:50
- Sutton: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:45
- West Point: Beemer Tue/Thu 4:00
- York: Elementary Tue/Thu 3:30
- York: Middle Heart & Sole Mon 3:30/Wed 2:00
- York: Emmanuel-Faith Lutheran Tue/Thu 3:15
- York: St. Joseph Tue/Thu 3:15
Program Service Area
Girls on the Run of Nebraska serves most counties in the state, and is authorized by Girls on the Run International to deliver programming in the following counties: Adams, Antelope, Banner, Boone, Box Butte, Boyd, Buffalo, Butler, Cass, Cedar, Chase, Cheyenne, Clay, Colfax, Custer, Dakota, Dawes, Dawson, Deuel, Dixon, Dodge, Douglas, Dundy, Fillmore, Franklin, Frontier, Furnas, Gage, Garden, Gosper, Hall, Hamilton, Harlan, Hayes, Hitchcock, Holt, Howard, Jefferson, Johnson, Kearney, Keith, Kimball, Knox, Lancaster, Lincoln, Madison, Merrick, Morrill, Nance, Perkins, Phelps, Pierce, Platte, Polk, Red Willow, Rock, Saline, Sarpy, Saunders, Scotts Bluff, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Sioux, Thayer, Valley, Washington, Wayne, Webster and York Counties in Nebraska; Pottawattamie County in Iowa.