Fall Program Registration Opens Aug. 1
Girls on the Run believes every girl deserves a place to grow, connect and shine. We will try to meet outdoors as much as possible for both the spring and fall seasons.
All meetings are led by trained and caring Girls on the Run coaches who create an inclusive and safe environment for positive connection. Girls engage in self-reflection and practice tools to normalize the healthy expression of emotions. Through collaboration and compromise, girls experience accountability and build relationship skills. Coaches and teammates encourage and empower one-another through goal-setting. Girls practice responsible decision-making while reviewing tools to evaluate situations and make healthy choices in response. The important connection between physical and emotional health is strengthened, setting healthy habits for life.
We accept applications for new sites year-round. CONTACT US to bring a program to your neighborhood for the next available season.
Seasonal Programming Varies by Location
The spring season is open to teams across the state. Registration fees vary at each site based on Title 1 status, community contributions and/or grants. Registration opens Feb. 1. The spring season runs late February/early March to early to mid-May. Schedules vary by geographic region.
Fall programming is open to teams in the Lincoln-Omaha metro areas. The fall season runs from late August/early September to mid-November. Registration opens Aug. 1.
***ALL SITES CONTINGENT ON VOLUNTEER COACHES***
Fall Sites -- Sites in BOLD have confirmed for Fall 2023 Season
- Ashland-Greenwood: Elementary BACK in 2023!
- Bellevue: Elementary(Tue/Thu 3:15)
- Bellevue: Twin Ridge (Tue/Thu 3:15) NEW in 2023!
- Bennington: Elementary (Tue/Thu 3:15)
- Elkhorn: Arbor View (Tue/Thu 3:15)
- Elkhorn: Manchester (Wed/Fri 3:15)
- Elkhorn: Manchester (Tue/Thu 3:15)
- Elkhorn: Spring Ridge (Tue/Fri 3:15)
- Elkhorn: West Bay (Tue/Thu 3:15)
- Elkhorn: Westridge (Tue/Thu 3:15)
- Elkhorn: Woodbrook (Mon/Wed 5:15) NEW in 2023!
- Firth: Norris (Tue/Thu 3:45)
- Hebron: Thayer Central TBA
- Lincoln: Humann (Mon/Wed 3:45)
- Lincoln: Kloefkorn (Tue/Thu 3:00)
- Lincoln: Maxey (Tue/Thu 3:45)
- Lincoln: St. Patrick (Mon/Tue 3:15)
- North Bend: Central Elementary (Tue/Thu 3:30)
- Omaha: Abbott (Mon/Fri 3:30)
- Omaha: Aldrich (Mon/Wed)
- Omaha: Black Elk (Mon/Thu 3:45)
- Omaha: Bryan (Mon/Thu 3:45)
- Omaha: Conestoga Magnet (Tue/Thu 4:05)
- Omaha: Crestridge Magnet (Tue/Thu 4:05) NEW in 2023!
- Omaha: Fontenelle (Tue/Thu 4:00)
- Omaha: Fullerton Magnet (Mon/Thu 4:05)
- Omaha: Gomez Heritage (Tue/Thu 4:05)
- Omaha: Hillside NEW in 2023!
- Omaha: Lifegate Christian (Tue/Thu 3:30)
- Omaha: Montclair (Tue/Thu 3:45)
- Omaha: Prairie Wind (Tue/Thu 4:15)
- Omaha: St. Gerald (Mon/Thu 3:30)
- Omaha: Standing Bear (Tue/Thu 4:00)
- Omaha: Westbrook (Tue/Thu 3:45)
- Omaha: Wilson Focus
- Papillion: Ashbury (Tue/Thu 3:15) NEW in 2023!!
- Papillion: Walnut Creek (Tue/Thu 3:15)
Spring 2023 sites below. We'll begin confirming spring 2024 sites in September.
- Alliance: Grandview
- Albion: Boone Central
- Atkinson: West Holt
- Blue Hill: Community
- Brady: Elementary
- Bridgeport: Elementary
- Butte: Boyd County West
- Clarks: High Plains Community
- Deshler: Elementary
- Geneva: Fillmore County East Office Building
- Grant: Perkins County Elementary
- Hampton: Public
- Hay Springs: Public
- Hebron: Thayer Central
- Hemingford: Public
- Henderson: Heartland
- Kearney: Northeast
- Leigh: Elementary
- Lincoln: Adams
- Lincoln: Kooser
- McCool Junction: Elementary
- Milford: Elementary
- Mullen: Elementary
- Omaha: Picotte
- Omaha: Reeder
- O'Neill: Solid Rock Youth Center
- Ord: Elementary
- Osceola: Jeffrey
- Palmer: Public
- Papillion: G. Stanley Hall
- Papillion: Tara Heights
- Shelby-Rising City: Elementary
- Spencer: Boyd County East
- Stromsburg: Cross County Community
- Utica: Centennial
- West Point: Beemer
Program Service Area
Girls on the Run of Nebraska serves most counties in the state, and is authorized by Girls on the Run International to deliver programming in the following counties: Adams, Antelope, Banner, Boone, Box Butte, Boyd, Buffalo, Butler, Cass, Cedar, Chase, Cheyenne, Clay, Colfax, Custer, Dakota, Dawes, Dawson, Deuel, Dixon, Dodge, Douglas, Dundy, Fillmore, Franklin, Frontier, Furnas, Gage, Garden, Gosper, Hall, Hamilton, Harlan, Hayes, Hitchcock, Holt, Howard, Jefferson, Johnson, Kearney, Keith, Kimball, Knox, Lancaster, Lincoln, Madison, Merrick, Morrill, Nance, Perkins, Phelps, Pierce, Platte, Polk, Red Willow, Rock, Saline, Sarpy, Saunders, Scotts Bluff, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Sioux, Thayer, Valley, Washington, Wayne, Webster and York Counties in Nebraska; Pottawattamie County in Iowa.